PU Arterial catheters – Seldinger technique
Peripheral arterial catheter
Class IIb sterile medical device.
Manufacturer: Prodimed – CE 0459.
Read carefully the instructions in the instructions for use and on the label.
Use before the expiry date indicated on the wrapping.
Do not use if the wrapping or primary packaging is damaged.
The use of an arterial line in critical care is indicated:
- For haemodynamically unstable patients.
- When repeated blood samples are necessary.
- To measure blood gases.
- Where non-invasive intra-arterial blood pressure measurement is not fast or accurate enough (in cases of extreme hypotension or hypertension).
- 1 Stainless-steel introducer needle
- 1 Transparent PU (polyurethane) catheter, consisting of:
- 2 Radiopaque lines for easy and safe ultrasound-guided placement and X-ray control of the position
- Winged base to ease the placement
- 1 Straight guidewire